There’s nothing more important than access to clean drinking water when out in nature which is why Cabela’s has the necessary equipment to ensure you’ll be drinking clean, microbe-free water. Here are five options to get a hold of clean water:
1. Boiling. This is the top method of accessing clean water and the most effective way to kill bacteria. Bring water to a boil for five minutes, let it cool, then it’s ready to drink.
2. Survival Straws. These small and packable straws use a carbon filter to take out most bacteria and pathogens. They also treat the water so that it tastes normal.
3. Water Filters. Water filters use the force of gravity to send dirty water through a ceramic silver filter to create clean water.
4. UV Light. UV light disinfects water and is harmful to small organisms. You’ll only want to use this method with somewhat clear water.
5. Disinfecting Tablets. Disinfecting tablets eliminate all microorganisms and are effective against viruses, bacteria, giardia and cryptosporidium.
Learn more about the featured water purifying products below:
Jetboil Zip Personal Cooking System:
LifeStraw® Personal Water Filter:
Katadyn Pocket Micro Waterfilter with Carbon Cartridge:
CamelBak® All Clear Microbiological UV Water Purifier:
Katadyn Drinking Water Tablets – 30 Pack: