Join this Facebook group: ฝรั่งสอนภาษาอังกฤษให้คนไทย Farang teaches English to Thai people
Teacher Sam’s English Camp Games เกมส์ภาษาอังกฤษของครูแซมที่ค่ายภาษาอังกฤษ.
Today’s topic is “Days of the week” (Class of 19 students). หัวข้อของวันนี้คือ “วันของสัปดาห์”
Kids love to race each other. In this game they practice speaking about activities and practice listening for days of the week.
1. Split the class into two teams. Give 7 students from each team a coloured ball. Each colour means a day of the week. Yellow = Monday, Pink = Tuesday, Green = Wednesday, Orange = Thursday Blue = Friday, Purple = Saturday, Red = Sunday.
2. The teacher asks one student “What day do you (say any activity)?” e.g. “What day do you go swimming?”
3. All students with balls must listen carefully. The student says any day at random. e.g. “Monday”
4. One student from each team with a yellow ball (for Monday) must quickly run around the circle in a clockwise direction until they get back to their chair.
5. First student back to their chair gets 1 point.
6. The winning teams is the one with the most points after a set time or first to 10 points wins.
7. After a student has run around they should give their ball to a student that doesn’t have a ball, so that they can take part in the game.
1. Write on the board, the days of the week with activities next to them e.g Monday – Swimming, Tuesday – Fishing, Wednesday – English class….
2. The teacher say “Today I am (choose an activity from the board)” e.g. “Today I am going fishing”
3. Student must quickly check on the board, what day do I go “fishing”. In this case Tuesday. So one student from each team with pink balls (for Tuesday) runs around the circle and the first student back to their chair gets 1 point.
***Alternatively instead of running, students could throw the ball into a basket in the middle of the circle. They can throw the ball as many times as they need but must always throw from their chair. First student to get the ball in the basket gets 1 point.