How to cook an Italian Quesadilla out camping. A great treat for kids and adults at home or out camping.
See more of my wonderful videos at:
Also check out my website for a Dutch oven cooking Guide and Recipe book along with my favorite spices, sauces, and cookware that you can purchase.
Quesadilla Italian Style
10” Dutch oven
1. 1lbs Johnsonville Mild Italian sausage
2. 8oz. Pepperoni Slices
3. 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
4. 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
5. 1 cup Italian Blend cheese
6. 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
7. 1 cup chopped green pepper
8. 8 onion rings for on top
9. ½ cup sliced Black olives
10. 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
11. Enough chopped fresh Basil for garnish on top
12. 1 qt. Pizza sauce
13. 4 Tomato Basil tortillas
In a cast iron skillet Brown Italian sausage. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Line your Dutch oven with parchment paper.
Place the first tortilla on the bottom, then spread Pizza sauce over the tortilla covering it.
Next later the Pepperoni slices, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, and cheese.
For the top layer spread with Pizza sauce, cheese and onion rings.
Put the lid on and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Use the parchment paper to remove from the Dutch oven.
Let the Quesadilla cool for a few minutes then slice like a pie.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve.